August 2019 Meeting Minutes

Homeowners’ Business:

A homeowner requested waving of a late fee for the 2018 fiscal year after paying in July 2019. No hardship involved. After a discussion, the board will not waive the late fee.

Two people participated in the front entrance clean-up on 8/3/19.

New Business:

Next month’s meeting will be on September 8th.

An email was received about the U.S. flag being torn. Jack had coincidentally replaced the flag before receiving the notice.

In the newsletter, we need to include a statement about locking car doors.

A homeowner request was made about including a topic in the newsletter about supporting a raise for teacher salaries. The board does not want to include this type of material in the newsletter.

Old Business:

Estimate for removal of the campsite in the scrub jay habitat came in at 700 dollars. Board approves this expense.

Storage shed quote from ExtraSpace Storage came in at $119 dollars for two 8x10 climate-controlled units. This is 119 dollars for both, not each. This is a pre-pay price for two years. Jack will inquire about month-to-month price.

Lights at the front entrance and at the lake were replaced in mid-July.

Bench that was damaged at the basketball court was removed and replaced with one of the two benches at the playground. Thanks to Sean and Joe for helping out.

Pressure washing in the common areas was completed in July.

Drainage issue behind some houses on Homewood is on-going.

 President’s Report:

NSTR

Vice President Report:

NSTR

Treasurer Report:

Current finances were reviewed and approved.

Checking: $20,327.45

Savings: $36,286.59

Dues outstanding from 2018 sits at 1. 11 houses are delinquent for the first half of 2019.

Secretary:

Meeting minutes approved.

Ground’s Report:

A quote came in at 1300 dollars for shaping the oak trees at the entrance so that they are not hanging in the roadway. Another quote came in higher than this. Multiple complaints have been made about the limbs hanging too low. Shaping of the trees is different than the regular limb-cutting. This will reduce the yearly limb-cutting (for several years) and reduce what we spend yearly on the tree maintenance.

Jack has contacted Brevard County Roads and Bridges about the manhole on Meghan that is raised considerably higher than the road. They have not responded yet.

ARC’s Report:

3 submittals approved:

6111 Meghan Drive, Roof Replacement

6179 Kari Drive, Brick Paver Driveway

1025 Homewood Avenue, Window Replacement

Rules and Violations Report:

Six first notice violation letters sent out for various reasons.

Social Committee:

Report on the make-up Independence Day party. The party was nicely attended. Games were played. Hot dogs, chips, and waters were served.

 

July 2019 Meeting Minutes

Homeowners’ Business:

Steve Gresley, on behalf of 1013 Homewood Avenue, approached the board about getting in contact with the other HOA about what to do with the water drainage. Water has filled their backyards multiple times. Request is for the board to see what documentation they have in regards to the water drainage. We need to see which neighborhood this issue belongs too.

Old Business:

Overgrown lawn on the corner of Erik Ct was mowed. It was done by contractor through a member of the community. The payments for the lawnmowing are tracked by Wayne and will be added to the Estoppel at sale of the property. 60 dollars a month is the charge. This has been agreed to by the family members.

President’s Report:

Our HOA has been removed by the lawsuit that was mentioned in last month’s meeting. The website domain has been officially transferred to Sunrise HOA.

Vice President Report:

There has been a report that a tent has been seen in the same scrub jay habitat as previously seen months before. Action will be to take BCSO back to the site and see if anyone is actively there. If nobody is there, we may have Tim’s Landscaping go back there and remove the items.

Treasurer Report:

Current finances were reviewed and approved.

Checking: $13,560.02

Savings: $36,284.13

Dues outstanding from 2018 sits at 1. 15 houses are delinquent for the first half of 2019.

Secretary:

Meeting minutes approved.

 Ground’s Report:

Our storage unit has raised prices and has prompted us to look elsewhere. Price is currently about $195 a month. Jack looked at the unit by the Suntree Post Office and it is about 225 for the same size unit. The storage units by Tuffy’s on Wickham, named Viera Storage, is 125 for the same size unit. Pressure washing on common areas is scheduled to be done on July 15th. Large palms were trimmed at the front, lake, and the park.

Light replacement at the front entrance and by the lake is to be completed in the next couple of weeks.

Bench located next to the basketball court is damaged and is no longer usable. A new one cost’s 800 dollars. Proposal to move 1 of the 2 benches located near the playground to replace the one at the basketball court and the board agrees to this.

Discussion about cameras at the park. Proposed idea about placing a pole at the location of the electric meter, so that we have power available, and this would allow use of only 1 camera. We will need to present this to the homeowners.

ARC’s Report:

2 submittals approved:

6156 Kari Drive, House Painting

6211 Erik Court, Roof Replacement

Rules and Violations Report:

Steve Gresley, on behalf of 1015 Homewood Ave, approached the board about a Rules and Violation’s 3rd notice. Due to hardship issues, they are requesting more time to get their roof replaced. Board voted to extend their due date to the end of the year.

Social Committee:

Goonies night was affected by rain. We still had it at the O’Brien’s driveway. 3 families participated.

The July 4th party was rained-out. The make-up day is July 28th 5-7 pm with the same events planned.

 

June 2019 Meeting Minutes

Homeowners’ Business:

Next meeting will be moved to 730pm on July 7th due to the party at the park.

Report on the front entrance cleanup. 4 people participated. They picked weeds from the flower garden and raked debris, filling 7 bags, 1 garbage can, and a large pile for pickup. Goal is to clear the flower bed and install mulch. Suggestion proposed to move the clean-up start time to later than 8am. Idea brought forward to list what needs to be done on Facebook group page so people that cannot participate at the scheduled time can complete the work at their leisure.

A survey performed for the first house on Homewood showed that two oleanders belonging to the communities’ front entrance were planted on their property. Those were transplanted to a different plant bed.

New Business:

Discussion held about the corner lot on Erik Ct. with the overgrown lawn. We need to serve them a violation notice. If needed, we may contact a company to mow the grass.

President’s Report:

James provided an update on the Homeowner’s association website domain name. It is moving along slowly, as the company cannot get in touch with the person who opened it. Same thing going on. Website has been updated with the latest chairperson changes. HOA was served paperwork concerning a mortgage-related lawsuit. The property in question is not under our community and is not within the plat of Sunrise. James has demanded our HOA be dismissed from the lawsuit. In summary, the person filed it against the wrong HOA and has verbally agreed to remove our Association from the lawsuit.

Vice President Report:

Nothing Significant To Report (NSTR)

Treasurer Report:

Current finances were reviewed and approved. Checking: $15,023.27

Savings: $36,281.74 Dues outstanding from 2018 sits at 1. 16 houses are delinquent for the first half of 2019.

Secretary:

Meeting minutes approved.

Ground’s Report:

Klip n Kut will be trimming the front entrance way and large palms on common property this month. LED lighting to be purchased to replace those that are not working. Lights around the lake need less output at the request of homeowners. Contractor choice for power washing of common areas was decided to go with the lowest bid which came in from Randy’s Pressure Washing. This is to be done in July. Big thanks to Pat and John for finishing the Gazebo project. Resident requested help in getting two homeowner’s large yard trash piles picked up. A new bladder was installed at the pump house.

ARC’s Report:

6 submittals approved:

6107 Meghan Drive, Roof Replacement

6158 Kari Drive, Roof Replacement

6131 Meghan Drive, Roof Replacement

6153 Kari Drive, Swimming Pool, Screen, and tree removal

6168 Kari Drive, Window Replacement

6108 Meghan Drive, House Painting

Rules and Violations Report:

NSTR

Social Committee:

Movie night set up for June 8th, 815 pm showing Goonies. Commit-tee would like to have a 4th of July type of event on July 7th to include games, chips, and drinks.

May 2019 Meeting Minutes

Homeowners’ Business:

Sachi Davis reported on the front entrance cleanup. 4 people participated. They raked leaves from the flower garden, filling 6 bags.

New Business:

Discussion held to only have the printed version of the newsletter contain the meeting minutes, basically keep it simple to lower costs. Currently it costs over 300 dollars to print and mail the newsletter. Discussion held about the newsletter being “opt-in” for the printed copy instead of “opt-out”. Discussion held on the content of the newsletter and if we want to continue with the non-essential material. Results of those discussions were the newsletter content would be reduced and that the newsletter sent out in May would be the last one delivered via printed mail by default. Homeowners who want to continue to receive the newsletter by mail will need to “opt-in”.

Discussion held about being down 3 board members and if needed to fill those vacancies, the Sunrise HOA bylaws stipulate that a majority of the board may elect a member to serve the remainder of the year.

President’s Report:

James provided an update on the Homeowner’s association website domain name. It is moving along slowly, as the company cannot get in touch with the person who opened it. Need to update the website for the chairperson changes.

Vice President Report:

Nothing Significant To Report (NSTR)

Treasurer Report:

Current finances were reviewed and approved.

Checking: $16,790.23

Savings: $36,279.27

Dues outstanding from 2018 sits at 2. 18 houses are delinquent for the first half of 2019.

Secretary:

NSTR

Ground’s Report:

Landscaping contractor Klip n’ Kut to answer Jack why they aren’t trimming the palm trees. Jack says it is in the contract. A discussion was held about what to do with the land up on the hill at the park. The board agreed to not do anything with land and to let it grow back. A rough quote of 10,000 dollars was submitted to properly clear the land and mulch it. Board does not see any future use of that land. It is a nice natural barrier. A homeowner had previously inquired about a lakeshore cleanup day similar to the front entrance cleanup day. In regards to that, the board will decline a lake cleanup due to not knowing if the water moccasins have vacated. Two quotes have been taken for the community area pressure washing, with one more coming. Approval given to use the lowest bidder, who has done this work for us in the past with good results. Lights at the front entrance: 8 out of the 11 need to be replaced. At the lake, 3 out of the 4 need to be replaced.

ARC’s Report:

2 submittals approved:

1001 Homewood Avenue, Site Improvements – Rear Yard

6143 Meghan Drive, Roof Replacement

Rules and Violations Report:

7 first notice letters sent out on April 27th. 3 for lawns, 4 for roofs, 1 for mailbox. 1 house has 2 violations.

Social Committee:

Easter Egg Hunt was a success. Over 1000 eggs were packed. Roughly 30 kids attended. 150 dollars was spent on it. After the Holiday was over, eggs were bought for next year at 50% off. A tote was bought to store all of the Easter equipment.

Movie night set up for June 8th, showing Goonies. Committee would like to have a 4th of July type of event on July 7th.

Christmas pictures with Santa Claus are going to be posted to the private Facebook group.

April 2019 Meeting Minutes

Homeowners’ Business:

6196 Joseph Court homeowners appealing the ARC variance request denial.  Board approved the appeal.  They can extend their fence out towards Homewood based on our Covenants.  The variance was approved to construct the fence 10’ from the sidewalk.  It is contingent upon approval by the county.  All board members present voted yes.

Sachi Davis reported on the front entrance cleanup.  3 people participated.  Hopeful for more participation in the coming months.

New Business:

Sharon and Bill Fitzpatrick have resigned from their positions as ARC & R&V, respectively.  Fran Henderson has resigned from the board.  Todd will now be the ARC chairperson.  Jack will serve as the R&V chairperson and Steve Gresley will be on his committee.  James will now be Treasurer. 

Old Business:

Agreed to get prices to hire company to pick-up trash left by the squatters who have left the area.

President’s Report: 

Trying to get sunrisehomeowners.com out of the person’s name it was originally set up under.  This person set up the domain name years ago and is no longer living in the neighborhood.  Board members to be cognizant of our own activity on social site NextDoor.

Vice President Report: 

Nothing Significant To Report (NSTR)

Treasurer Report: 

Current finances were reviewed and approved.

Checking:  $18,931

Money Market:  $36,277

 

Dues outstanding from 2018 sits at 2.  20 houses are delinquent for the first half of 2019.

Annual Report has been submitted.  James is the Registered Agent.

 

Secretary: 

NSTR

 

Ground’s Report:

Special thank you to the Snyder family for replacing the basketball nets and to the Schwartz family for replacing the tetherball.  Flawless Landscape performed their warranty work by replacing 6 plants at the front entrance.  They also replanted a row of plants that the project manager wasn’t satisfied with in how they were settling.  Grounds received a quote for bush hogging services and sod installation for the elevated area at the park. Solicitors going door to door after the hailstorm were asked to leave the neighborhood.  A neighbor reported that two kids were caught trying to light the community mailbox at the park on fire and also trying to break the tetherball.  Continued talk about cameras at the park.

Several residents did a walk-through of the Scrub Jay habitat adjacent to Pinehurst to locate the area of the squatters.  Site was located.  Brevard County Sheriff’s Office was called and asked to respond to location in attempt to locate any subjects.  BCSO advised they had no available units to respond at that time and to call later in the evening.  Later that evening, Brent Latham, Rebecca Latham, and Jack Gehl escorted BCSO deputies to the location of the site.  The deputies reported that it appeared no one was actively living at the location.  BCSO said that the area would be added to their patrolling.  About two weeks later, Rebecca Latham and Patrick O’Brien returned to the area and observed that the tent had been removed.  Area needs to be cleaned of trash.

ARC’s Report: 

Variance request for 8 foot Torii Gate at 6179 Kari Drive was submitted to the board for consideration with a recommendation for denial from the ARC committee.  The ARC committee recommendation was read in its entirety and after lengthy deliberation, the board voted to approve the variance 4 to 2.

3 submitting approved:

6102 Meghan Drive, Roof Replacement

6153 Kari Drive, Windows and Door

6151 Meghan Drive, Playset in rear yard

Rules and Violations Report: 

NSTR

Social Committee: 

Movie night was successful.  Cost totaled $34.44.  Attendance was 30 people.  Easter will be this Saturday 4/13/19 @ 930am.  Setup will be 8:45am. Homeowner-only closed Facebook group is being setup.  Leftover money from the March movie night can be used for future movie nights.

 

March 2019 Meeting Minutes

Board Member Participants: James Twine, Todd Spangler, Brent Latham, Rebecca Latham, Krystina

O’Brien

Homeowners Participants: Terry Gwinn, Sachi Davis, Natalie Twine, Tony Nguyen

General Business: Meeting called to order at 7:08 PM.

Homeowners’ Business:

Sachi Davis came to discuss the need to clean up the front entrance. She suggested a re-occurring

monthly clean up. Suggestion was made to find out when the lawn maintenance company comes, and

then we would clean up the second week after so we are not maintaining back-to-back.

Tony Nguyen came to discuss the variance he submitted for the gate and an ARC submittal for the

screen enclosure. ARC chair not present at the meeting to discuss it.

New Business:

Idea brought forward about a book exchange set up at the park.

Discussion was held about how much detail we should put into the minutes regarding ARC approvals

and denials. The HOA lawyer will be queried about this issue.

President’s Report:

Newsletter content to be submitted to Natalie on Thursday March 7th. Rebecca and Krystina to go

door-door asking people if they would like the newsletter electronically instead of in the mail. There will

be an opt-in and if you opt-in, you will not receive a paper copy. A Registered Agent (traditionally the

secretary) needs to be set up to be able to receive certified mail on behalf of the HOA. Brent will be the

registered agent. Message from a homeowner about another home’s renter’s who have multiple cars,

loud noises at odd times. R&V sent a message to the homeowners about this issue.

Vice President Report:

NSTR

Treasurer Report:

Current finances were reviewed and approved.

Checking: $20,113.39

Money Market: $36,274.42

The CD was cashed in last year to pay for the front entrance work.

$5.00 bank service fee was for a currency change.

Dues outstanding from 2018 sits at 4. 27 houses are delinquent for the first half of 2019.

Secretary:

NSTR

Ground’s Report:

Jack received an approval with St. Johns River Water Management for the sprinklers to run from 9-12pm

on Friday and Saturday nights. Ongoing business from last meeting still active.

ARC’s Report:

NSTR

Rules and Violations Report:

NSTR

Social Committee:

Request for a Spring Break movie night at the park, March 23, Ralph Breaks the Internet at 7:00pm. $100

limit approved by the board for popcorn and drinks.

Meeting adjourned: 8:23pm

2019 Organizational Meeting

The 2019 Sunrise Homeowner’s Board members met at outgoing President Jim Bench’s house and decided (voted) on the following roles:

President - James Twine
Vice President - Rebecca Latham
Treasurer - Todd Spangler
Secretary - Brent Latham
Grounds - Jack Gehl
Rules and Violations - Bill Fitzpatrick
ARC: Sharon Fitzpatrick
Social (chair): Krystina O’Brien
Social (member): Fran Henderson

The next meeting will be held February 17th at James Twine’s house, 6210 Erik Court. Future meetings will be held on the 1st Sunday of every month, 7:00 PM at 6210 Erik Court.

2019 Annual Meeting

Sunrise Homeowners Association

2018 Annual Meeting


Location:  Grace Brethren Church

Meeting Minutes

Date:  January 26, 2019

Board Member Participants:


Erin Owens

James Twine

William Fitzpatrick

Jack Gehl

Sharon Fitzpatrick

Jim Bench

Fran Henderson

Steve Gresley


Homeowners Participants:


Richard Plantec

Nancy Roberts

Fred and Edith Alber

Connie Podges

Susan and Frank Raimondi

Chris Perry

Todd Spangler

Will Davis

Wayne McDougle

Brent and Rebecca Latham

Ernest Sutton

Larry Leaman

Krystina O’Brien 


Limited Proxy:


Angela Brown

Ronald Brockert

Donna Kordecki

Mickey Edwards

Jay Steinke

Kent Dykhouse

Joseph Schwarz

John Wilds

Susan Miller

John Kepner

Hugh Walker

Denis Sullivan

Michael Kendrick

Heather Price

Aaron Bergamo


 

Budget approved at 100%

January 2019 Meeting Minutes

Meeting held on 7 Jan 2019

Board Attendees: James Bench, James Twine (via Phone), Jack Gehl, Sharon Fitzpatrick, Wayne McDougal, Erin Owens, Fran Henderson, Steve Gresley

Homeowner attendees: Kim Atwood, Terry Gwinn

Start 7:10 pm

Next meeting is Annual meeting on 26 Jan 2019 at 2:00 pm

Homeowner: Homeowners on Joseph CT would like to put a fence on the corner lot. Homeowner worked with the county to get correct code. Variance is requested. Home on Erik Ct was emptied of all belongings including the fixtures.

President: No report.

Vice President: No report.

Treasurer: Receiving 2019 dues. January P&L shows standard payments and Christmas party expenses. Balances: Checking $8,425; and MM $36,270.

Secretary: To send out annual meeting notice and proxies by this weekend.

Rules & Violations: No report

ARC: 2 roof replacements, removal of diseased tree

Grounds: Standard maintenance.

Social committee: Done for the year. Would like to set up a wine and movie night in the park for the community adults.

Lease management: Three leases still outstanding without leasing paperwork.

Closed 8:04 pm

February 2019 Meeting Minutes

Sunrise Homeowners Association

Meeting Minutes

Date: 2/17/2019

Board Member Participants: James Twine, Todd Spangler, Brent Latham, Rebecca Latham, Sharon Fitzpatrick, Bill Fitzpatrick, Jack Gehl, Fran Henderson, Krystina O’Brien

Homeowners Participants: Terry Gwinn, Troy and Kim Atwood

General Business: Meeting called to order at 7:01 PM.

Homeowners’ Business:

Homeowners Troy and Kim Atwood came to get clarification on a past ruling in regards to a fence installation. Last year’s board voted no to the variance they submitted. The proposed fence installation does not follow the Covenants (7.5.g.4). ARC has approved them to install their south fence in-line with their rear-neighbors.

New Business:

Idea was submitted by a homeowner, through a board member, about including a classified section in the HOA’s monthly newsletter. Board voted to allow for a classified section in the newsletter under the following stipulations: Only Sunrise Homeowners may be able to advertise, there will be no cost for the advertisement, and the advertisements are at the discretion of the board. Further rules may be applied as it matures.

President’s Report:

The HOA’s bank account and storage account have been transferred to James Twine. Jack Gehl and bookkeeper Wayne McDougle are still on the storage account. Natalie Twine has agreed to write the monthly newsletter.

Vice President Report:

NSTR

Treasurer Report:

Current finances were reviewed and approved.

Checking: $19,660.41

Money Market: $36,272.20

Dues outstanding from 2018 sits at 6. 33 houses are delinquent for the first half of 2019.

Secretary:

NSTR

Ground’s Report:

Sprinklers in the park don’t seem to be going on at the times that have been set. Southern Greens to be requested to set the sprinklers to run on Fri and Saturday nights 9-12 pm. One sign needs to be purchased stating that there are cameras installed at the park. Jack to talk with Southern Greens to make sure all shrubs are being watered properly. Jack would like money for a heavy duty lid to go on the garbage cans at the park, in which, the board agreed to provide 150 dollars. Rebecca is waiting on the bids for security cameras at the park. Bids for just the connectivity install at the park is 100 dollars and then would be roughly 65 dollars a month for the service. The need for repainting the basketball court was mentioned. New nets for the basketball hoops were suggested as well. The tetherball is missing from the pole.

We do have confirmation of squatters living, or at least their possessions (tents, canopies) in the scrub jay habitat just off Pinehurst St, near the San Marino neighborhood entrance. We do have “No Trespassing Signs” in that area. Brevard County Sherriff’s Office will be asked what to do with the squatters and their possessions.

ARC’s Report:

Sharon spoke to the approvals that were granted. New paint color book for houses needs to be addressed. Detailed approvals/denials to be updated on website.

Rules and Violations Report:

The Rules and Violations assessment is approaching and the need to send out a friendly reminder was discussed. The common ground areas ought to be taken care of before we send out any violations.

Social Committee:

Easter Egg Hunt is set for April 13th 9:30 AM at the park.

Monthly common ground area clean-up Initiative needs to be added to Facebook, newsletter.

Meeting adjourned: 8:37pm